The modulus transformation has generally been a bit tough for me to use. So, I thought I’d have a go at it with my latest creation. I think it turned out quite well with a variation or two and some other transformations in the first layer. The second layer, the blue semi-spherical shape was a real challenge for me. The shape itself was pretty easy, but the gradient . . . Man! I never thought I’d find the right one! I went though all sorts of gradients with lots of blues and whites. No amount of parameter adjustment was giving me the effect I wanted! Then, I finally found one. I still had to do a lot of fiddling before I was happy with it because it just wasn’t meshing well with the first layer. I’m nothing if not persistent!
This fractal was created in JWildfire; an app written by Andreas Maschke.
Purchase prints of various sizes at my Fine Art America page.